Sunday, September 7, 2008

Even heroes have the right to dream.

I've been musing again. Yeah, it happens a lot. But to be honest, I'm pretty sure that this time it's meaningful, more so than anything else I've written.

What the hell am I gonna do with my life? My number one goal is Miniscus. That's the only aspiration that I have: to get it published and see the world's acceptance of my characters as another vintage point for fandom. The way I see myself in ten years is a graphic novelist, well-known and acclaimed (or so I would hope)... living in a tiny, messy studio-apartment with CDs, DVDs and v-games for friends. Eat when I want. Sleep when I want. Hot Topic and Urban Outfitters rather than shopping for the family - unmarried, probably not in a relationship. No kids, nothing. Nada.

Basically... I want to be a loser.

Is this normal, to want to obtain this kind of existence? Doubtful. Just today I told Jackie on the Green Line that I want to hide myself away from the rest of the world as my manga becomes a success, staying in touch only with close friends, leading my life like the poor shit I'll probably be. In reality, I think it's because I want to be young and irresponsible, disorganized and self-managed forever.

On some level, isn't that what we all want? To be kids - teens - forever. Only that way, we could take lead of our miserable, oafish lives, telling the world that we choose to live them that way.

On some level... isn't it?

No comments: